Applications for the 2019 Summer CAMP Program are now closed.
The Penn Museum is proud to offer its first Summer CAMP (Creating Academic Museum Professionals) seminar. This program aims to prepare Penn graduate students from across disciplines for the challenges and opportunities of a museum career. This 5-day intensive program features a series of seminars and workshops at the Penn Museum as well as visits to other Philadelphia-area institutions to introduce participants to a broad spectrum of skills and knowledge sets necessary for academics planning to pursue professional careers in museums, from exhibitions, collections, and curation to education, outreach, and development. The Penn Museum strongly encourages applications from students who are members of groups underrepresented in careers related to museums.
The program will run from August 12th-16th, 2019
This program is open to University of Pennsylvania graduate students.
Participants must be an active student, enrolled for the upcoming Fall Semester, to maintain eligibility.
How to apply
Prior to completing the online application form, you should prepare the following:
- A 500-word maximum essay describing how participating in this seminar will help prepare you for your future academic and/or professional goals
- A resume or curriculum vitae
Participants are selected based on their academic background, professional skills, interests, and career goals. All accepted participants will be notified by mid-May.
- Participants Notified by mid-May
- The seminar program runs August 12-16, 2019
- Becoming a Museum Professional
- Visitor Experience
- Program Budgets
- Marketing and PR
- Collections, Conservation, and Curation
- Public Programming and Community Outreach
- K-12 and Group Education
- Current Issues in Museums
The program will also include visits to other Philadelphia museums.